To solve this, there are a few different options:
- Option #1 (Easy, but ruins adblocking) Use a different adblocker. However, before uninstalling AdAway, make sure you revert the changes to your host file (open AdAway and press "Disable ad blocking" and then reboot your device).
- Open up AdAway (there should be an icon for it where you normally have your list of apps)
- Press the menu button to bring up the menu for Adaway
- On the pop-down menu, select "Your Lists" (should be the 2nd to the top option)
- Now you should be on a new screen, with "Black", "White" and "Redirection" at the top. Click the "White" button to switch to seeing your whitelist.
- Now that the whitelist is selected, we want to add an entry to it. To do this, click the button that looks like a plus symbol on the top right.
- On the popup window that says "Add", use your keyboard to type (or copy and paste) exactly "*analytics.google.com*" (without the quotes - see what it looks like below). Then press the add button.
- Now your screen should look like this (see below picture). Press the add button (the plus symbol) to create the 2nd entry.
- Now type or copy and paste "*google-analytics*".
- Now your screen should look like this.
- Hit the back button until you get back the main screen for AdAway. Now click "Download files and apply ad blocking". Even if you have the most recently updated files, this step is still necessary to get our new whitelist entries added to the actual system's host file.
- Once the changes have been applied, this should popup on your screen.
- It is up to you whether you want to reboot or not, but my recommendation is to reboot. It only takes a second to reboot, and this will ensure that your new changes take effect without errors.
- You're done! Now if you load your mobile sites on your phone, the hosts file will not block a connection to Google Analytics, and your visits will be properly reflected in the tracking results.
Here are some keywords to help people find this guide: Google Analytics not tracking mobile, android analytics not working, google analytics not tracking android.